If this article is describes you to a tee, it’s time to join a table tennis club or find a coach and erase the title of basement player.
You know you’re a basement player when…
- You believe Butterfly’s marketing department when they say your premade racket has characteristics of Speed = 95/100, Spin = 95/100 and Control = 100/100. Numbers haven’t been this inflated since Germany’s currency before World War II.
- You call the sport “ping pong” and don’t understand why your Chinese friends keep ranting, “It’s TABLE TENNIS!“
- You’ve never tossed a ball higher than 1 foot when serving.
- You think Brian Pace actually uses the “Butterfly Brian Pace” premade racket.
- You visit a real table tennis club and every time you step 3 feet away from the table you’re surprised that you haven’t bumped into a wall yet.
- You’ve never broken a sweat playing ping pong.
- You brag to all your friends about how good your “spike” is in ping pong.
- You burst into laughter every time you hit a net or edge.
- You drool over the newest 7-star ******* racket.
- You don’t believe that table tennis is an Olympic sport.
- You think 3 rotations per second is a lot of spin.